Waterproof Solutions- Stephen Burton
The Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Industry is filled with franchises with big advertising budgets. With potentially limited knowledge, products, and solutions; Are they the best for the consumer? Stephen Burton from Waterproof Solutions is here to shed some light on the industry.
Stephen Burton, Consumer Advocate:
Stephen Burton, in the Waterproofing and Foundation Repair industry since 1994, has had plenty of time to learn what works and what doesn’t. We’re here to talk with Stephen about why it’s important to have a company with the flexibility and know-how to find the correct solution for your unique property.
Applied Missile Science Degree, US Air Force; Minor in Cement and Concrete Products; In Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Industry since 1994; Father of 4, Grandfather of 3; Pattonville High School
Franchises – How do they work?
- Very limited on their solutions
- Franchises must adhere to the “solutions” that the company sets forth
- One size does not fit all
- Can these companies really have the personal touch and care it takes?
- They tend to spend a lot of money on “looking good”
Let’s liken it to Subway, if I in fact owned a Subway franchise I have to do it just like Subway says… but, we’re talking about foundations here… This one size fits all does not work. -Stephen Burton
Be leery of companies that market a lot. The best companies don’t have to market very much. Their loyal clients will refer them.
- Up to 50% of revenue can go towards advertising, meaning the cost of that will be passed on to the consumer.
Waterproof Solutions, Commercial vs. Residential
Stephen considers himself a student of the industry, because the landscape is ever-changing. New advancements and technologies previously only available in the commercial market are now being applied to the residential side at relatively low-cost to the consumer.
- Commercial waterproofing requires hours and hours of training and licencing.
- Residential only requires proper insurance and nothing else.
Stephen’s experience in the commercial industry has allowed him the opportunity to see these advancements and put them to use in residential homes. If you have questions or need a solution to your foundation problems give Stephen a call at (636) 343- 4379.
Stephen Burton audio: