What does success look like to you? This may be a difficult question to answer for most, however with a little focus the answer can be found. For some success means a new house or car, but for others it means the ability to spend more time with family or friends. However, one looks at success there are important tips to remember to avoid losing sight of what’s really important.
These 8 success clues come from business and life coach Tim Braheem with Performance Experts:
- In order to have what you want, start by wanting what you have.
- What you focus on, you bring closer ,because when you focus on gratitude you are calling abundance into your life.
- It’s impossible to be a victim when you’re in gratitude.
- It’s your relationship TO the journey, not the destination that will determine success.
- Get clear on the experiences that fill your soul and give yourself those experiences often.
- Be careful not to sacrifice your EXPERIENCE for the symbol.
- The symbol is NEVER a bad thing. It’s our RELATIONSHIP to the symbol that causes our imbalance and suffering.
- Beware of competing intentions.
Symbols vs. Experience
Ask yourself the question “What Do I Want?”. For the most part, people can list all kinds of things they want. Cars, houses, money, and toys of all sorts frequently come up. Relationships, kids, travel, adventure, and good health also make the most frequently cited list.
From here, spend a little time in reflection on the question, “Why do I want those things?” “What do I hope will be true if I have the (job, money, house, etc)?” A slightly more refined question would be, “what experience am I looking for”- if I only had the right car, house, money, etc, what would I then be experiencing?”
Once you find the proper balance of the things you desire and the experiences you yearn for the more things will seemingly fall into place.
Success Clues 1
Success Clues 2
Podcast: Play in new window | Download