Scott Schaffer, CTO of Blade Technologies joins Doug & Tammie on today’s show to talk about 5 good computing habits that are worth working in to your routine.
1. Use Antimalware protection
- Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, etc.
2. Keep programs up-to-date
- Updated programs have the most recent security patches for the operating system and applications
3. Backup your data
- How much is your data worth?
- Carbonite and Crashplan are examples of online backup programs worth looking in to
4. Clean up your hard drive
- Delete files when no longer needed
- Empty the trash
- Periodically, run disc utilities such as Disk Defragmentation to keep your hard disc in the best condition
5. Organize your data
- Use a folder hierarchy
- Have an archiving policy